Wednesday, January 14, 2009

RSS Feeds & Web 2.0

I am absolutely floored by the resources available to me on the internet! I had no idea of the existence of RSS feeds until this evening, and I'm astounded at what I can access easily! I'm also impressed by the innovation and progress of Web 2.0--it has become so sophisticated and user-friendly, connecting individuals and groups across the globe. Never has the world had so much information so accessible to the masses, and that information (and with it, power) is growing.

As a teacher, I am SO excited about the discovery of RSS feeds! I can be constantly updated on the things that are most important to me as an educator, such as new and useful lesson plans, important news on the education system in our country, and helpful classroom management/planning tools. The best part is, thanks to Web 2.0, I can consult online with teachers across the country about all of these things. This will save me so much time hunting for valuable ideas to keep up on the best classroom methods and on the latest professional information.

No comments:

Post a Comment