Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Internet Safety Questions

What article did you choose to read for your fourth article?
I read the "I Have a Question" article under the intenet link.

What were the most important things you learned from the readings?
The most important thing I learned was that there are 3 keys for protecting ourselves and our families from internet danger: • Parental awareness • Family rules • Filtering
I also learned in everything I saw and read that the internet is in fact a wonderful, valuable tool. We just need to be educated and to exercise self-control to use it safely.

How will what you have read influence your actions as a parent and/or teacher of children and youth?
From what I read, I know that one very important thing I can do is to get familiar with the technology my students and children are using! If I am using the same things they are, they will not feel as much like it's a private, secret world they have created. I also learned the value of straightforward internet safety education, and I will be sure to have plenty of discussions with my students/children concerning the matter establishing groundrules.

How can you use what you have learned from the reading to have a positive influence on family and friends?
I can endorse technology and the internet to all my family and friends--particularly those who believe it is full of nothing but evil. Nothing could be farther from the truth; many individuals and groups, including general authorities, have praised the goodness that can be found in technology. I can explain that we simply need to know how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment