Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tech Lesson

I taught my 1st graders a lesson called "Lucky Letters." In it, students were given several letters from which they were to create as many words as possible. This was a good writing exercise, as well as a good way to get the children thinking about forming words and spelling them correctly. I decided to use a powerpoint to give some examples of how we can form words together, as well as to give some examples/nonexamples. From the list of examples/nonexamples, students were asked to tell me which ones were nonsense words, and an animated X came on top of the nonsense words to affirm their answers. I ended up using the powerpoint for a little long for 1st graders, but overall, I think they had fun coming up with interesting words!

No comments:

Post a Comment